Thursday, July 13, 2006


God bless those out-of-it curmudgeons at Pitchfork (or P4K as I've now seen them write self-referentially). Sometimes they get things right and with their Overlooked Records 2006 "Year In Half Review" feature at the moment they hit the nail on the head with the Voxtrot's Mothers, Sisters, Daughters & Wives (pictured at right). At the station we get a lot of new music and sometimes it's hard to sift through it all and I'll admit that I didn't give this Austin, TX band a listen when it came in in April. But the folks at Pitchfork said it was "full of deft arrangments and charming melodies that evoke Belle & Sebastian, Morrissey, and the Lucksmiths." So i pulled it out of the library and gave it a listen and I'm digging it immensely.
So kudos to you forkers, you prompted me to give Voxtrot a shot. I suggest others do the same.

No comments: